mercoledì 28 novembre 2018

Portoghese Duolingo: Lesson 1.

B. Home. ↔︎ Lesson 2.
Vocabulary: C101 - TL - . -
Duo - Fonetica - Words - Grammar -
- Verbi - Lezioni - Fonti didattiche -
GRAMMATICA: Tips.

Welcome to the Portuguese course :D

In these basic lessons, you are going to see some words for people, such as man, woman, boy and girl, and also some basic verbs for eating, drinking, etc.

The two first things you will notice is that:
1 - Personal pronouns may be omitted, especially when the verb conjugation is unique for that pronoun.
  • I am a man = (Eu) sou um homem
In the sentence above, "eu" is totally optional. The verb "sou" is unique for the "eu" pronoun, and it already reveals who the subject is. (Later you will learn how to conjugate verbs for each person)
2 - Portuguese nouns have genders, even when they are not human!
Not only people and animals are gendered in Portuguese, but virtually all things are.
For instance, "maçã (apple)" is a feminine word, and "carro (car)" is masculine.
THE INDEFINITE ARTICLES "UM" AND "UMA"
Along with nouns, articles also have genders. They follow the gender of the noun they refer to. The masculine article is "um" and the feminine one is "uma":
Masculine:
  • Um menino = a boy
  • Um carro = a car
Feminine:
  • Uma menina = a girl
  • Uma maçã = an apple
But how can one tell the gender of a word?
Some words tell their gender by their ending. See "menino" and "menina", for instance. They are a type of word that can change its ending based on gender. These will often end in "o" for masculine and "a" for feminine.

There are other typical endings that can show a word's gender, but they are part of further skills :)
And, unfortunately, many words simply don't follow any pattern, and their gender just have to be memorised.

LESSON 1.
1. man:  homem. - 2. woman:  mulher. - 3. boy: menino. - 4. Um mulher: A woman. - 5. Sou mulher: I am a woman. - 6. Eu sou uma mulher:  I am a woman. - 7. Sou um homem:  I am a mam. - 8. car: carro. - 9. house: casa. - 10. Um homem e uma muler. A man and a woman. - 11. apple: maçã. - 12. girl: menina. - 13. I have an apple. Eu tenho uma maçna. - 14. I have a house. Tenho uma casa. - 15. bread: pão. - 16. milk: leite. - 17. Eu como: I eat. - 18. water: água. - 19. Pão e água: bread and water. - 20. I eat bread and I drink milk. Eu como pão e bebo leite. - 21. I drink. Eu bebo. - 22. I eat bread and I drink milk. Eu como pão e bebo leche. - 23. I am a man. Eu sou um homen. - 24. Menino: boy. - 25. Woman: mulher. - 26. Sou um menino. I am a boy. - 27. A woman: uma mulher. - 28. Sou uma mulher. I am a woman. - 29. I am a woman. Sou uma mulher. Eu sou uma mulher. - 30.
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento